Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Enjoying

Rainy and dreary days call for a little blogging. The 10 day forecast shows rain 8/10 days....I sure hope they are lying. I need a little sunshine before we head back to school! A few more pool days would be nice! As I was looking back at pictures to include, I was reminded at how awesome of a summer it was. It wasn't as busy or hot as many of them have been, but it was actually a breath of fresh air. No agendas. No spending a ton of money we don't have. No endless loads of vacation laundry. And while I love that too, it was really nice not having to do it for a summer. Without further ado....here's what we've been enjoying!

Summer Birthdays

Melissa's Boating bash!

Happy Birthday friend! Here's to a new year with new beginnings!

Ending our night at the Barefoot Bar


These certainly are entertaining


My Dad's Grill Out Extravaganza




Bean bag tournaments and ladder ball, grilling and camp fires


Mini Wolfswinkels are getting Older

Lots of July and August birthdays for the Wolfswinkel family

Initiating this lovely into the double digits club

Impromptu Boat Outings

Because who doesn't love it when daddy says he's taking the afternoon off so we can make some memories on the boat?


Because I'm never going to regret buying a boat because there are too many good memories being made.

Because fast is never fast enough for these two.

Because you are always rich when you are in the company of good friends.

Because sometimes it's just as fun to be on a non moving tube than one that glides across the water.

Because I love friends who love my littles.

Because if you can't see the happiness on their faces, you are blind.

Because Grandpa Dave has passed on his love for fishing.

Because even the tiniest of fish is scary

Quick vacations that end as soon as they begin but leave a long list of memories

Three Bears Resort in Warrens, WI


He's such a daredevil.
is


Grateful for their company on vacation

Littles with temporary tattoos and barefeet and puppies and bikes




Littles in Pjs, with a cap and barefeet walking the dog slay me.
Corn on the Cob


Chalk Art


Littles with Good Eye Check ups


Working out with Friends

It isn't even about the workout.I spend a lot of time working out and talking about the gym, and  I feel great when I do it, but at the end of the day, it's not about how skinny or fit I am. It's not about the number on the scale. It's about the fact that I have friends who love me for me, not what I look like. I'm so glad that I am able to see what's important in life. It's not muscles and body fat people. It's friendship and memories. Don't forget that!

Morning Coffee and Good Books

Next summer, this will be a priority. Nothing more peaceful and serene than sitting on your front porch reading a book, drinking coffee and just being still.

If you don't have this book 14,000 Things to be Happy About....run. Don't walk to your nearest bookstore.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment