Friday, July 7, 2017

Enjoying Summer

How is it July 7 already? It seems like we just let out for the summer. June always seems to fly by between ball schedules for three kiddos, camps, and the 4th of July. We've definitely been enjoying ball games 5-6 days a week! Jaedyn plays middle school ball this year, and because of how it worked out, all the 7th graders played both the 7th and 8th grade games this year. So while it basically takes up our entire morning, it's been awesome watching them get that much extra playing time to tune and refine their skills. We love softball!! Carter played AAU ball this season for the first time with his Sioux Center friends. It was a great year watching him gain confidence and learn new skills also! Sawyer played Rec ball, and Dan got to coach his team this year! What a fun memory for my boys! I can say that it's definitely different going from 5th grade baseball to 1st and 2nd grade baseball. :) It's amazing to think what just a few short years can do to their game.

The past few weeks have been insanely crazy with ball winding down and Carter and Sawyer going to camp That nicely sandwiched the 4th of July which was go, go, go. We spent Saturday on the boat for our annual Adult Boating Day. It happened to land on the 4th of July weekend this year which I thought would make it overly busy, but we just found a nice little area to anchor our boat and enjoyed the sunshine and great friends. We spent the actual 4th at Paullina with my mom, Dave, Casey, Amy and the girls. It was a perfect day to be by the water. We shot off fireworks at the acreage later that night after supper and some down time. Great food, fun, and family.

I'm sitting outside in the shade of my little deck highly anticipating a much slower schedule for a few weeks. As much as I'll miss watching ball, I am ready to enjoy a little rejuvenating time for me before I head back to school (which will come much too soon). I'm going to be more intentional about reading, listening to my favorite podcasts, organizing my pictures, spending time at the pool and soaking in life in the slow lane for a bit. Looking forward to sharing that with you! Until then, here is a snapshot of our summer thus far in photos.


Catching up with some old friends on Memorial Day weekend. Spent the day boating, mini golfing, paddle boating and enjoying family and friends

My tradition of going to the dance recital to watch my nieces and all my students, past and present, dance their hearts out. 

Getting up every morning to walk/run with myself or my mama. Love making it for sunrise.

When the pool's closed, and your aunt is creative....you swim on a boat ramp because it's hotter than billy blazes.

Great season. Great girls. Great sport.

Such fun to watch these boys this season! 

Getting to have your dad as your pitcher. He had a great season!

My view for 3 hours a day, 2-3 days a week. 

My slugger

One of the saddest moments of summer was saying goodbye to my grandpa. We miss him dearly.

Okoboji teaching conference with these beauties. #Favmoments

Serving with my daughter at Urban Plunge (more about this to come)

Yoga and wine on a HOT Sunday afternoon

RFKC get together including Battleship in the pool

Gettings Garden strawberry picking afternoon

Carmel VBS week

Camp with his bestie Ethan

Camp with his bestie Kyler and friend Makiah

Smores and fires

Short date to pick up Jaedyn in Yankton

Love our adventures

Finishing off boat day at Braccos for supper

Fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Lemonade stand on a hot summer day


 Hope you are enjoying your summer as well! What's been your favorite part so far?












No comments:

Post a Comment