Friday, June 8, 2012

Dipping my toes in the blogging water

Blogging is something that I've talked about, but never truly thought I would start until now. I'm far from an eloquent writer, and most of the time, I end up writing far more than anyone would like to read. However, since summer started, I keep getting these signs that tell me I NEED to start blogging, especially now that I have the time.

For starters, I have a horrid memory. On most days, I can't remember what I had for lunch the day before. Sometimes, it's a great thing- like when I can't remember why I'm mad. Other times, it's a curse- like when I think I've paid a bill, but I haven't, or I completely forget the details to a story my friend told me months ago. Where am I going with this? I don't want to forget the little moments that make my life so good right now. I always say "I will remember this moment forever" only to be able to recount maybe a quarter of it a week later. Fortunately, we have pictures and facebook to remember some of those things, but I want something that chronicles not only the big moments but also those every day moments that make my world go round because all too soon, they will be gone. This blog gives me the opportunity to relive them over and over again even if I'm the only one that ever reads them.

If you are around me often or ever check my facebook page, you know that I am currently obsessed with a blog: www.handsfreemama.com (courtesty of my sister-in-law Beth). She is an amazing woman who has helped me put so many things into perspective as a mom, a wife and a friend. She bases her blog on the idea that the people we love deserve all of us and that nothing is more important than making those memories with them and never letting them forget how much they mean to us. She also hits continuously on a topic that I struggle with daily- distraction. Distraction from cell phones, facebook, e-mails, computer, magazines, books, etc. I'm realizing that I'm missing many moments that I will never get back with my kids, my husband, my family and my friends. I watch as this world is becoming more and more immersed in technology and less involved in the lives of those that matter. I want to change that. I NEED to change that for the sake of those that I love.

So that's why I'm here. I hope to be able to share those moments and to write about the good the bad and the ugly of becoming more of a hands free mama, wife and friend. I welcome the company! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Mandi-

    Your family is so beautiful. I'm glad you are starting to blog, I'm sure you have lots of interesting funny stories with those little angels of yours.

    Also I hope you ankle heals fast. I need to know how you broke it, was it in the beginning or ending of the warrior dash. Hope your feeling better!

    Miss you Dina/Panther... lol I don't remember who's who.:)

    -Karrisa.

    ReplyDelete