Monday, June 3, 2013

Enjoying the Small Things

It's been awhile since my last "Enjoying the Small Things" post, so I'd say we're due. Because I'm enjoying let me tell you....I'm enjoying a lot! So grab a cup of coffee and stay awhile. Here we go!

Right now I'm enjoying......

Babies

Thing 1: Sadie Ann Martinson


Thing 2: Avery Maureen Martinson
 

Little Maveric Hansen
 
These little gems just slay me. I'm in heaven every time I get to love up one of these squishy little bundles of love. I think I'm feeling the grandparent thing lately. I love to spoil them with hugs and kisses and give them back to mom and dad when I'm finished. Mama likes her sleep! :)
 
 
Ball Season
 
 Swinging for the fence! He's definitely improved since last summer.
 Daycare buddies from way back when! Jae misses all her friends from Hospers.
These littles are 2 peas in a pod. Ready for ball!
 
June can easily overwhelm us with all of the traveling we have to do to get kids to ball, but it's one of my very favorite parts of summer. Dan and I were just saying that in 2 years, we'll be doing ball games from 5-9 every night. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but at least it's a sport I love!
 
 
Dance recitals and Little girls in Tutus
Oh my word! If they aren't the cutest things evah!
 
This year, I had so many students and family members who were in dance. I was able to sneak away for FOUR HOURS to watch their amazing performance on Saturday afternoon. As long as it may have been, it was so so so much fun to watch them all in their element. I secretly live vicariously through all these dancers. I always wanted to be a dancer, but it wasn't in the cards for me. I loved having a reason to go this year as Jae decided it wasn't her thing a few years back! On Sunday, I was invited to another recital where my self-proclaimed niece was dancing in her first ever recital. It was so much fun watching her mama's eyes light up as she remembered all her years of dancing as she watched those dancers gracefully move across the stage. She was one proud mama! What a fun weekend!
 
 
Birthday Breakfasts

We have two May birthdays in our family, and I always have so much fun coming up with things to make their days special. I wouldn't say we have many set traditions, but I love coming up with new ways to show them they are special. This year, we got them donuts and stuck a candle in them for their birthdays. Something so small made their day so fun. We do, however, always take them to their restaurant of choice for supper every year. This year Carter wanted McDonald's and Sawyer wanted breadsticks from Pizza Ranch. I'll take that because I know that in a few years it will be Texas Roadhouse and Applebee's. :)
 
 
Chevron
 
I think this is the first thing I've ever really been obsessed about that I haven't gone out and bought boutiques out of. Maybe it's because I'm anticipating the next year that will put us in the poor house until Sawyer goes to school or maybe it's because all the cute chevron things I want are made from material that doesn't fit over my boobs. Either way, this little slice of heaven sits on the newly crafted entry bench pillow that my mama sewed for me. I just LOVE it. Thanks Mom!!
 
 
My Kids
 
They are far from "small things", but it's the little things that they say or do that make my world go round. Sometimes it's just stopping to take a picture with me, but they are my everything.

 My beautiful dandelion bouquets from my littles. Weed picking and flowers all in one. Win!
 Sawyer's fabulous drawing of our family. Precious. He informed me that I'm on the right. I don't know if those are boobs or hands. Eh...oh well.
 Sometimes when my neck is out of place and I look like hell because I didn't sleep well, I remember this cute little sleeping beauty and remember that the days where he crawls into bed with us will too soon be gone, and it makes it a little more bearable!
 Happy Mother's Day to me. It was awesome. Homemade gifts slay me. I just LOVE them.
 
 
Pool Dates
 
We are far from pool weather yet as the 10 day forecast is reporting rain and temps below 70, but that hasn't stopped us from living it up at the pool when we can. All of my littles are water babies, and I may even get to do some reading this year at the pool as Sawyer actually loves his life jacket and wears it everywhere! I'm excited to not have to wear my elephant condom....er.....cast cover this year! Thanks Nancy for that little name. It gave me something to laugh about last year!
 





 
 
God's Paintings
 
There are moments that I stare at the sky and He just takes my breath away. I'm in awe of how amazing his creation is. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to snap a picture, other times, like yesterday when the clouds were perfectly fluffy and white, I miss out on the photo op. Either way, they are moments that make me stop and smile. It is my little silent prayer of thanks for the eye candy He's provided.
 

 
 
 
I'm feeling like this is enough to soak in today. I have so many more pictures, but there will be more Enjoying the Small Things posts to come. So for now, that's what I'm enjoying. What are you enjoying today?








No comments:

Post a Comment