Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day

For Dan.

Nine years ago, I watched you lead a team of teenagers into prayer. Prayers for other teenagers who were meeting Jesus for the first time and others who were trying to strengthen their relationship with Christ. I didn't know you then, but I felt like I was supposed to. I didn't know why or in what form, but I knew that there was a connection. Of course, this was the worst possible time to have one of these gut feelings. I was engaged with a four month old baby in tow, but still there was this voice in my head telling me that there was something I was missing.

In the days and weeks to come, I would see how you connected with my daughter. I saw something in the way you talked to her, held her, bathed her, and I knew you were someone special. Little did I know at that time, you would adopt her and become the father to my other children. I couldn't have picked a better man to travel along this wild ride with me. This parenting gig isn't easy, but there is nobody I would rather do this with.









We are so so far from perfect, but I wouldn't trade our life for anything. To be your child, Daniel, is to be very very lucky indeed.


Happy Father's Day.

And to my own dad: Thank you for being who you are every single day. You show up. You love wholeheartedly. I couldn't ask for a better man to be my dad. You deserve the world, and on this day, I hope you know how much you are loved. I am so blessed to be your daughter. My children are so blessed to have you as their grandpa. We love you.


To my father in law- Thank you for being a rock. Thank you for raising such an amazing father and husband. You are his best friend. You are stubborn and strong willed, but you've shown me how to stand up for myself. Thank you for being you. You are loved.


To Dave: Thank you for being a wonderful Grandpa to my littles. They love you so very very much. We are so thankful for all you do for our family. We love you.


Go a hug a dad today.

No comments:

Post a Comment