Monday, October 20, 2014

Enjoying

We're starting to get into the groove FINALLY! Since we spent so much time focusing on the negative, it's time for an "Enjoying" post I think. So without further adieu.......



Beautiful Fall Weather
I've loved every minute of being outside these last few weeks. My allergies aren't acting up. The colors are GORGEOUS, and I can't even tell you how nice it's been to get out for some walks. I even took to reading outside the last few weekends. The sunshine has felt so nice. I'm not ready for this to go away. :(




Pumpkin everything....and squash

I'm really the only one who will eat it. I can sometimes get my boys to have a few of these muffins that I make, but really I'm on my own. So anytime it's available, I'm all over it: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie blizzards....really the options are endless. I think I'll be trying the pumpkin brownies sometime this week.



Jae's First Basketball Game

Okay. Do you remember what it was like to learn something for the first time? How absolutely ridiculous you looked that all you could do was laugh? No? Maybe that was just me. I was the furthest thing there was from a true athlete, but I loved being part of the team. Don't pass me the ball. Don't put me in first, but I'll sit on the bench in a uniform and cheer the crap outta the rest of you. I thrived on the camaraderie. I love the idea of being part of something bigger than myself. I just wanted to be part of the team.

Well Jae had her first game this weekend. We didn't put her in IBL league last year because we were kind of boycotting how early everything starts these days. I'm not sure if it was the right call, considering it was very obvious she'd never stepped foot onto a court. She very much reminded me of myself at that age. If anything, I'm excited to see how much she grows by the end of the year. She had fun, and she's learning a ton. Her coach is amazing at encouraging her and focusing on the positives, which is probably more than we did. :( All in all, it made me excited for the rest of the season!



Supper dates with a good friend

I've said it a billion times, and I'm sure I'll say it a billion more. I thrive on my relationships. They are so important to me. It's rare to find people who fit the definition of true friendship anymore. It's easier to hide behind the superficial and mask who we really are in order to gain respect or validation, and I've been so blessed to have so many authentic friendships in my life.

Melissa and I took an evening while some of our other friends were dating their hubbies (rude) and headed to Sfumato pizza for some pizza, a couple drinks and of course chocolate cake. :)




A Visit from my Brosef

The nice thing about him going to college only a few hours away is that he comes home on the weekends once in awhile. It's definitely not the amount of times I used to see him in a week, but it's always awesome to be able to see his face and catch up!


Oh, and I'm getting out of my workout rut. I even ran this morning. Be proud of me. We head to the Ozarks this weekend! Lots more Fall excitement to be had! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment