Saturday, October 11, 2014

Stuck on a Hamster Wheel

I'd love to be able to tell you that my one month blogging hiatus is a result of loads of living coming from the Wolfswinkel home. A good friend asked me last night what our plans were for the weekend since we are the "fun" family, and I had to giggle a little bit because I certainly haven't felt fun in a very long time. I feel like I'm on a never ending hamster wheel, trying to get somewhere but going nowhere. School came and started in such a rush, and with so many changes happening, I feel like the year hasn't really started even though we are only a few weeks shy of the first quarter ending.

I've spent a lot of the last month and a half feeling really irritated and annoyed. I'm whiny and know I spend far too much time bitching about things that I can't change. That's really very unlike me (insert sarcasm here). Seriously though, I don't like to be that person. I like to see the positives. To grab hold of the little things and enjoy the bejesus out of them. But there's also something to be said about being able to vent and complain about the things that bother you and have other people understand you completely. I'm so thankful for my team. In my opinion, we mesh so well, and I'd have to say if I'm digging for things to enjoy right now, it would be that I'm back in the "pod" with my friends. I can run across the hall or next door and find a friend that understands my struggles, but can also laugh with me and completely get it if I start to cry when I'm overwhelmed. And while there are days when the "this isn't what I signed up for" feelings pop in my head, I know I am very overwhelmingly blessed to be able to do something I love with people I love, and that makes coming to work far more enjoyable than you could possibly imagine. So thank you friends. :)
We can pretend Tyler and Steph are in the picture too. Sorry friends. I'm talking about you too. ;)

So, I'm stuck. I'm in a little rut. Unfortunately, ruts happen way too often. I think the common denominator in these equations is always me. :/ Working on it. My attitude it taking a toll on my house, my laundry, my fun factor as a mom and wife, my workouts, my everything really. I'm hoping that since Fall is my favorite time of year, I'll shape up soon! So instead of focusing on the hard and the negative, I am making myself come up with things that make me happy today.

My list of happies:
1. My family and the fact that I will get new family pictures back soon which makes me uber happy. Thanks Ashley. :) They make my world go round. Anything I do in this life wouldn't be as rewarding or enjoyable with out them.
2. My relationships. I thrive on them. They are one of the most important things in my life, and I treasure them. From the ones I've taken from grade school, to the ones I've met as a married woman, and the ones I get to call friends AND family, I'm constantly reminded how lucky I am. When my thoughts are clouded by all the hard in life, all I need to do is remind myself that I have amazing friends, and all the hard doesn't seem so bad.
These ladies show up. Every day. In good and in bad. My life would be a lot less bright without them.

3. Annual Fall trip to Missouri to see some of my favorite people. I can. NOT. wait to see Jeff and Amanda. If you've never experienced Fall in the Ozarks, put it on your bucket list pronto. Besides the beautiful factor, these lovely people make the trip totally worth 9 hours. Last year's trip can be found here.
Did I mention they are famous now? Yep, got a multi-page magazine article about their house and everything. #lifestylesoftherichandfamous
4. New hairdos- Need I say more? I loved the blonde, and I will do it again, but it's fall now. And Fall is where it's at. Plus, I'm poor and can't keep up with blonde or roots.

5. Letting go
This falls under the category of relationships and people I love, but after a really hard year, we showed up to help a friend "let it go". Besides being freaking cool, it reminded me that friends show up, and that I'm so very thankful I never have to do life alone. PS. sky lanterns are amazeballs (and cheap).



You are loved.
6. Mama's loot- I love having an in with my mama's garden and apple trees. Right now I think half of my body weight is apples and tomatoes, but it will be gone soon, so I'm soaking it up!

7. Final Boating Hurrah
One last hurrah on a beautiful 70 degree day. Sad to see it go, but ready for Fall!


Hoping to Fallify my house a bit more today and capitalize on the good while releasing the bad. Let it go Mandi. Let it go.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment