Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Spring Beginnings and a Bucketlist


Hi friends.
 I already have 5,703 steps and it's not even 7:00 am. Yay for husbands who wake up with me to workout. The sun is supposed to shine today, and the forecast for the weekend looks amazeballs (70 degrees on Sunday. Holla!!). We've been dandy the last few weeks. Enjoying our little chunk of freedom before softball/baseball starts. Jae did decide to do track, so I suppose she's busy with that, but at least she can walk right home afterwards. Also, there's no AAU practice at night, so that's a bonus for her.

Not a whole lot has been happening around here, and I'm kind of okay with that. We've had some lazy weekends with a few plans sprinkled in here and there, but for the most part, we've been able to regroup and relax. I'm looking so forward to full blown spring. I can't wait for fires, Easter break, girls' shopping weekend (woot!!), and many more days outside.

The past few weeks I've been researching this Keto diet. I've been looking for something to kick start this weight loss and also target other things that would be beneficial for me. It's very low carb and no sugar, but higher in fat. I was terrified to start but soon realized it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I think that knowing I can't have a lot of the foods I would have normally eaten makes it easier to say no altogether. I feel full all day on much less food. Paired with my Plexus slim and my probiotic, I can safely say that my sleep has been amazing. My depression hasn't reared it's ugly head in awhile. My anxiety is manageable. Brain fog is almost gone. Hanger isn't a thing. It's been quite nice. The cherry on top is that I'm actually losing weight. Down about 6.5 pounds, and it feels so good to know that something is working. I know that's not a lot, but for someone who has been CONSTANTLY gaining for the last two years with some steady stalls in the middle, this literally has been an answer to prayer.

With all that being said...I don't talk about it because I think that this is the only way to be healthy....because it's not. There are millions of ways to eat "right" and lose weight and feel good and yada yada. There are lots of skeptics out there, and I don't blame them. It goes against all of the the things we were ever taught about high fat diets. Know that I have done my research, and am constantly continuing to do so. People are living very sustainably (even on doctor's recommendations) with this way of living with no plans to ever change. Many people in my Facebook groups have talked about going into remission with very serious cancer diagnoses, getting rid of T2 diabetes, and other amazing medical things just by cutting out sugar. (Don't think that I could ever cut out sugar, bread, tortillas, or chips for life though....sorry that can't happen). My plan is to be pretty consistent and strict on it for awhile so that I can see some changes and get rid of the cravings, and then I'll let myself have room to breathe a bit. I don't want to have to say no to things all the time when my friends and family are celebrating or out together. I just want to learn new habits and make sure I'm eating well most of the time. Anyways, enough of that.

I'm also training for a half marathon with my sister in law and my someday sister-in-law. It's completely crazy starting back from square one. I'm only running three minutes at a time, but I'm feeling great about it, and I'm finally running outside. I'm also doing the Siouxperman Triathlon again this year with my friend Dave who is biking and my little buddy Carson who is swimming. I'll be running the 5K. The last time I participated was three years ago with Dan's brothers and their wives. It was super fun and rewarding, so I'm excited to do it again. :)

With all this nice weather in the forecast, I thought it would be appropriate to throw out a spring bucket list. So, without further ado..... here we go.

1. Buy flowers and decorate my house with their beauty.
2. Fires with friends and smores
3. Train and participate in Siouxperman
4. Manage a 10K in practice
5. Blog more
6. Take a photography class
7. Talk Dan into building some raised gardens and plant some yummy things. :)
8. Play in the rain
9. Wake up early on a Saturday or Sunday and watch the sunrise
10. Wear spring colors
11.  Go to baseball/softball games
12. Spring clean
13. Make spring crafts from pinterest
14. Ketofy some yummy lemon desserts
15. Hike at Oak Grove
16. Watch my brother and Hailey graduate
17. Host a spring get together with friends
18. Go to the Tulip Festival
19. Read a book outside on the deck
20. Go geocaching with the kids
21. Write a birthday blog post for the boys
22. Plan a birthday party for each of the boys
23. Listen to music that makes me happy
24. Go garage saling
25. Go barefoot
26. Look for shapes in the clouds
27. SHOPPING TRIP!!!!

I'm smart enough to know that the likelihood of all of this happening is pretty slim, but there's something about the shift from one season to another that signifies a clean slate. A new beginning. The thrill of making a bucket list even if all of the things don't get crossed off is exciting for me. It gives me something to look forward to. Spring is something I look forward to from the day after Christmas until it's here, but it's also in the middle of the toughest part of the school year. We are getting to the end. Once it gets nice for good, we will lose the focus of our kiddos, and that makes it so hard to teach. Therefore, bucket lists are a necessity for me. I need my list of things to look forward to.

Ending with a few pictures of our happies from the last few weeks!
Found some time to get together at Sfumato!!
PBR (Professional Bull Riding) with the Wolfswinkels
Springifying our toes

#Roomiesfolife
Jaedyn attended the Middle School retreat in Dayton last weekend. The theme was "Testify". She's loved it both years, and I think it's had a huge impact on her spiritual growth. :)


Happy Tuesday!! Enjoy this sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment