Friday, May 11, 2018

Wanderlust

wan·der·lust
ˈwändərˌləst/
noun
  1. a strong desire to travel.

Okay. Okay. So this is who I am, but for now those desires will have to settle for the Black Hills, Hidden Acres, Minneapolis, and Kansas City. Maybe they aren't treks across the globe, but for now, they are doing a good job of filling up some memory buckets and creating permanent laugh lines, creating new friendships, and keeping other friendships alive. We are in survival mode folks. T-11.5 days left of the school year, and I am so ready. Ready for ball caps and flip flops, slow mornings, spending June on the diamond, at the swimming pool, on the lake, and on my back porch reading my books. I'm ready for memory making in the Black Hills, Denver, and loving up children at Royal Family Kids Camp for the 5th year in a row. Yes, it's time to relax and give my teacher brain a little rest. Maybe I'll even cross off some of my bucket list items- teach myself photography perhaps? Learn how to play the guitar? Start a garden or blog more?! Stay tuned (probably for disappointment...but the thought makes me happy. hahahaha) I'll catch you up to speed on all of our happenings this past month. It's been busy to say the least, and we are finally happy to be home for awhile despite having such a great time away. Now we dive into birthdays, graduations, and yardwork! Hurray!

Cashing in on some Christmas present fun! We did AR Workshop for both moms for Christmas, and it was such a fun time! A little bit of a splurge, but you walk away with some killer decor and a great time!




Easter



Dan became part of the RFK leadership team this past Fall, and one of the opportunities I got to experience was heading to the Black Hills to spend a weekend with the team. While they planned camp, I took advantage of the alone time to do some soul searching, coffee drinking, and podcast listening. Some of my favorite things. Then off to Deadwood we went to have some fun! A quick 36 hours, and a very white knuckle drive home, but it was worth it!







As a TIC sponsor (JR RCYF) sponsor for church, I got to attend the Middle School retreat this year. This is hands down Jaedyn's favorite place, so it was fun to see it through her eyes and watch her enjoy it. It reminds me of being in middle school when I experienced all this fun stuff in church. Lots of fun times bonding with the girls and getting to know her friends in a different light. Blessed.

Jaedyn's spring dance- Another night of getting ready in every room of the house with 4 of your friends. Lots of bobby pins, curling wands, make up brushes, and perfume. Oh yeah, and all the moms and a very sweet aunt who came to join in the fun! The cherry on top was the sweet car Dan's boss let him borrow to take her to the dance in.....we got a bonus date out of the deal as well! Yay us. :)



Annual shopping weekend in the cities. With growing children and busier schedules, this time with the four of us is spread few and far between. Always cathartic and therapeutic. Minus leaving three pairs of shoes, 4 necklaces, 3 pairs of earrings, and my favorite hat.......Alzheimer's much... :( At least they found the shoes.



Finally, Kansas City! We had a wonderful time with some of very good friends. We stayed in the most perfect little cottage in the most picturesque part of the city. We dreamed about buying our own homes there that had that kind of charm. We enjoyed a little Top Golf, a stroll through the Plaza, an art museum, dining at Coopers Hawk winery, playing cards while laughing until our sides hurt, and a slow morning with my book, a bagel stop, a surprise invasion by what seemed like 47 Star Wars characters in an outside seating area next to a fountain, and all amongst the perfect 90s music playlist. Perfect relaxing weekend for sure. 











Currently I am locked in my room while six twelve year olds run amok in my home shooting each other with nerf guns and swearing up and down there is an intruder on our front lawn. Oh to be a kid again. Here's to conquering another month of shenanigans! Happy weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment