Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Wednesday Wonderfulness

-46.
That was the temperature that showed up on my wind chill screen this morning in the middle of the night when I rolled over to check the time. BRRRRRR! When I woke for the day, it said -39, so we're headed in the right direction. I gotta say. My soul doesn't feel like it was made for the cold, but then again, I don't know if it's made for a season of 100 degrees and humidity, so I'm going to refrain from my "it's time to move to Florida schpeel". The grass is never greener on the other side. I know I know. 

I will say that I'm loving a day off in the middle of the week, despite knowing we have to make it up at the end of the year. We get a break AND there's no snow or ice to deal with, and I pretty much am forced to hole up inside my house with my family, my tea, and a good book. Oh ok. It's rough man. Gotta tell ya. Maybe Jesus knew that the 3rd grade teachers were going to lose their everloving minds if we didn't get a little reprieve. Who knows? Either way, the break is a welcome one.

Although it's been nice and relaxing, I won't say it's completely devoid of productivity. I've done a few loads of laundry, done half a workout, listened to two podcasts, did my gratitude journal, cleaned up my kitchen, and when I mentioned that I was going to make myself a cup of Blueberry muffin tea (yup it's a thing. Click here.), my boys of course heard I was making blueberry muffins. So when there weren't muffins on the stove exactly 18 minutes later, there was almost a revolt, and with no muffin mix or blueberries in the house, pancakes and sausage had to suffice, and so I made those too. 

Currently on my third cup of tea/coffee, and waiting to venture out in the cold to take my boys to the rec center (hopefully it's open). Trying to find ANYTHING that isn't a screen. Amiright moms? Trying to find other things in the winter for my boys to do besides be on a screen is HARD. Unless you are willing to do it with them, and sometimes I just don't. Throw me your ideas mamas. It takes a village.

Anyways. Just popping on here to wrap up our January. It's been quite nice. Not terribly busy, but I gotta say we are getting bored with the cold weather. Not having our Saturdays filled with sports has made it quite low key. Next month we head to Chicago for our family Christmas get away (pray for warmer temps), and we get to meet little baby Arley Jo DeWit. Can. Not. Wait. 

Our January in photos:
Bridal fair for our newest bride to be :)

A brief lunch date with Drew who came home from LA for a quick minute

Battleship for BASIC at the pool

Dan being recognized by the Hospers fire department for 11 years of service on his retirement

Dan and I took a class called FRAMED by one of my favorite bloggers- Kelle Hampton You can find her on Instagram as @etst Such a fun time getting creative with our new camera that we got at the beginning of this month. It's been a fun hobby to unpack with Dan.

Negative space assignment

Layflat assignment (photo cred: Dan)

Finishing up our wrestling season with a 2nd place finish. He has just blown me away with how much he improved this year. So much fun to watch.
Hoping you are staying warm and cozy, and if you live in a warmer climate, please send help (or at least some warmer temps. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment