Friday, March 8, 2019

Death by Winter

Okay. I'm ready to call "time of death" on winter. The cold is just bragging now, taunting me with lies that she is here to stay. Did someone tick Elsa off or what because they need to go find her and apologize.

I know that I feel this way every year. It's not brand new information. Winter mildly creeps in around December which is festive and full of holiday cheer. In January, we hunker down after the holidays and settle into a cozy month of rejuvenation and relaxation after a month of hustle and bustle. A snow day is a welcome invitation to spend time inside with family, a good excuse to curl up with a book, or binge watch a new series on Netflix. By February, it's beginning to overstay it's welcome. We secretly publicly complain because we're tired of scraping our windshields after work or pretending we didn't slip on the ice in front of a slew of people outside the grocery store, but we know that technically, February is still winter, and it hasn't taken its full turn yet. But by March. Get out. You've overstayed your welcome. We are sick and tired of bitter cold days, ANOTHER snow day to make up, influenza A, the stomach flu, strep throat, winter coats, kleenex, hand warmers, inside recess, icy roads, dirty cars, shoveling snow, walking inside, etc. etc. etc.

Jesus make it warm!!!!

Okay. I'm finished complaining. I just needed to let it out.

Here are some things I'm loving about these icky cold months:

*Our bond issue passed! We will be building a well needed high school starting this spring/summer.

* Watching my nephew play basketball

*Cousins giving love after a wrestling tournament

*a trip to Chicago with my family




*Meeting Arley Jo- two of our dearest friends' baby





*Getting asked to be a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding

*A good book to cuddle up with when it's cold

*The new dressers Dan is building us for our bedroom redo

*Our girls' day making blankets

*Jaedyn's choir concert with a whole bunch of 'Greatest Showman' references

* Finding these gems of what my kid is searching on the internet. Some days I am literally dying of laughter. Others have included: How can I put my self up for adoption? and Why do I toss and turn all night?


* Jaedyn and Dan's 12 year adoptaversary- grateful is an understatement


Crossing my fingers that the snow and ice misses us completely this weekend. A few more bumps in the road the next few days, but otherwise the 10 day forecast looks a little warmer I think, so hopefully the next time I'm on here, we are cruising into spring!

Happy Weekending!!





No comments:

Post a Comment