Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Come on and Celebrate!

I love celebrating life. Birthdays, holidays, graduations, new babies, accomplishments, making up days for no reason at all. What would life be like if we treated every single day like it was a day worth celebrating? I think we'd be a lot less stressed and way more happy...that's for sure! Let me add that to my growing list of a billion things in the self help category. ;)

Anyways, May has always been a whirlwind month with two of my babies having birthdays as well as a niece, our anniversary, the end of the school year and usually a graduation here or there. And while it makes our calendar crazy busy, there is such joy that radiates from me this time of year. This weekend, we got to fly our freak flags ALL.WEEKEND.LONG. It was amazing.


One of my best friends finished her Master's Degree and graduated from college...again this weekend. Let me preface this by saying that this woman is frackin incredible. She has been through hell and back and probably during one of the hardest years of her life, she conquered and persevered and came out on top. I am so very very proud of her. In fact, during her graduation on Saturday, I sat back and thought, "This is kind of what I will feel like when my own littles graduate someday." I was and am so very in awe of her. She's an amazing woman, teacher, mother, daughter and friend. We love her so. Congrats Melissa!!





My baby brother is graduating. Well, the one before the baby, but he's still my baby brother. I can hardly believe that next year he won't be around anymore. I'm so very proud of him, but selfishly wish he was going to college closer to home. Our family is so close, and I've just gotten accustomed to seeing him on a daily/weekly basis. I think it will be harder for me than I'm allowing myself to believe at the moment. Watching his graduation video at his party this weekend brought me back to years of great memories growing up. He's going to do great things that boy. I just know it.





Mother's Day. What isn't there to celebrate? All of us can say we have or know or ARE an amazing mother. I would classify "Mother" as anyone who nurtures life. I wrote a post on Sunday on facebook that pretty much sums it up:

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful amazing mamas. All the ones who are waiting to meet the littles that will make them mamas. All the ones who want to be mamas or who have lost mamas. All the mamas who have lost a child. All the ones who had mamas who couldn't love them very well. Happy Mother's day to anyone who nurtures life!

I am so very thankful to have so many amazing women in my life who are great examples of mothering. My grandmother is so full of grace and love. She is such an amazing example of who I want to be as a mother. I love her so. Then there's my mom. She shows me what unconditional love looks like daily. In all my years of struggle and poor choices, she was right there next to me providing support, praying for me, being my rock, telling me I was still worth it. That's all anybody really wants isn't it? Somebody to tell them they are worth it. 


The gratitude train doesn't stop there. I'm so grateful for all the amazing women in my life: my grandmothers, aunts, friends, and fellow bloggers who inspire me daily to be the kind of mother I strive to be. You remind me that we are all in this together, and that no mother is perfect. We share in our victories and in our low points, and without this community of women who nurture others, I would be very lost. So thank you. Thank you. Thank you.


Loving that I got to reunite with some good friends this weekend.



The celebrations keep on coming. This little peanut turns 4 today. What a joy she is in my life. I love you so little girl.

Celebrating eye sight for this little. Life will be so much better once he can SEE! So sorry you were cursed with parents who have horrible eyesight buddy. Bring on the glasses!



Happy Tuesday! Only 8.5 days of school left for these kiddos. WOOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment